week 04 _ Adv. interior architecture design

  WEEK 04


In the tutorial session this week with my lecturers , Mr. Romzi and Mr. Redzwan suggested that I can create a doll that doesn't look nice ( something with layers) inspired by the last nightmare before Christmas and voodoo dolls . Also they suggested if I can make a short video with the doll , like a stop motion movie that shows the feelings of child abuse. I really liked the idea of creating a layered damaged doll , I feel like it will make more sense for abused kids and the can relate to it more . To be honest.. I HAVE NO IDEA how to make the doll or how to shoot a stop motion video and edit , but I'm really exited to experiment and try new things I feel it will be really fun. I need to do some research first to refine the idea for the medium  more .  

Inspiration :



Idea Update :

I decided that for my medium I will create a " emotions doll " from recycled materials and create a short video of a mixture of stop motion and animation that I'll edit using a software. This emotion doll is comes with different facial expression ( sad eye , crying, screaming,...) so that the kids can adjust based on how they feel , since it's so hard for kids to express their feelings . And the short video will be bout a girl ( the doll ) telling her story with child abuse. Later on I'll also think about the packaging design for the doll ( from recycled materials ).

Materials I need for the doll :

- Waste fabric ( recycled )

- Fiber fill

- Wires

- Sewing tools

Materials 


Tools I need for stop motion setup : 

- Stop motion app

- Green screen

- Lighting ( DIY using the LED lighting from my mirror )

- DIY stand for the doll

- Reflector ( DIY using aluminum foil )

My stop motion set-up


My DIY lighting 


Progress : 

This week after I got the materials I need and prepared the set-up of where I want to take the top motion video , I spent sometime researching and watching tutorials for both doll making and how to create stop motion and since as I mentioned earlier I want to mix the stop motion with animation I had to learn how to use this software called after effect to use it to edit the video and add sound effects . I felt so overwhelmed this week.. feeling that I don't know what I'm doing , it's like I know how I want this to look like at the end and I have a visualization , it's just that I don't know how to do it .


I started experimenting with the doll , to be honest I didn't know it will be this hard to make simple small doll ( I mean it didn't look this hard in he YouTube tutorials )🤣 I made a lot of mistakes while working , had to keep changing the design or the sizes and start over .I also tried to experiment and try the things I learned in after effects to have a better idea on how I want to edit this video .


Trying out after effects software 

Initial doll sketch 



Wrong size ! redo 



Another failure attempt  

Comments