Week 06_DESIGN PROPOSITION_FORUM 05

 

                                     FORUM 05

 

The focus of this topic today is to understand the key factors that make a good
presentation and what inspires people to speak passionately about their
subject. 
In order to do answer this topic, you need to look at the link below.

 Q1:
What were the key points of Steve Jobs successful presentation? How could it
help you in convincing your audience/critics for the upcoming presentation?

Q2: Who is your favorite speaker, why did you
choose him/her?


Answer :

Q1:

The key points of Steve Jobs successful presentation :


1. Set the theme :
It's important to set theme for the presentation and to make sure it's clear and consistent during the presentation , using a simple single headline that sets the direction for your meeting . For example, in a presentation about MacBook air Steve jobs said " there's something in the air today "
2. Provide the outline : For example when Steve jobs said (I want to share with you 4 things) to let the audience know that there is 4 topics/sections in this presentation . Also he always make sure to open and close each section with a clear transition , for example (..and this was the first thing I wanted to share with you this morning). Doing this will make it easier for the listeners to follow the story.

3. Demonstrate Enthusiasm :  He uses words like Extraordinary, amazing, cool, incredible , this passion and energy will keep the audience exited and wowed during the presentation.
4. Sell an experience : Putting numbers into context help to make numbers and statistics more meaningful , analogies helps connect the dots for your audience 5. Make it visual : It's important to paint a simple picture that doesn't overwhelm the audience , but can keep the audience attention . Steve jobs make sure to make his presentations interesting by using engaging visuals and adding videos , he also take it to the point of giving the audience a show , for example when he was showing the new MacBook air o the audience , Steve jobs pulled out an envelope and slide the MacBook air to give them a more realistic visual to the new product ( they can see the size , how thin it is ,...)
6. Spend time to Rehearse :
It's really important to make sure to practice and rehearse the presentation
7. One more thing ;  At the end of Steve jobs presentations he make sure to say " one more thing " before talking or showing his last point, this give the audience an added bonus to walk away with keep them exited every presentation waiting until the end to this part of the presentation .

- I enjoyed watching this video and learning about these factors that Steve Jobs follow to make all his great presentation. All the factors are clear and easy  to follow and implement , I'll make sure to use this guideline in my upcoming presentations. Personally , I feel like I need to work more on "demonstrate enthusiasm" factor being more confident and enthusiastic and to also make sure to practice so many times before my presentation and also improve myself by learning new techniques.

Q2:

 My favorite speaker is Tony Robbins, I have been watching his videos for a while now , he's a great coach and motivational speaker . He has obvious passion for what he talks about, and it carries through in his body language and his speaking voice , he always get me to think about things in a way that I have never thought of. I also admire how he doesn't mind being vulnerable and share relatable stories from his own life , including both success and failure , this help me to feel better and have more confident that I can overcome any obstacles and past failures.


Comments