week 03 _ Adv. interior architecture design

 WEEK 03



I decided to narrow down as I was adviced by the lecturers to chose only one type of children abuse and also one type of recycling to merge together for this project. after doing a lot of research I decided to go with child sexual abused kids, to design a space for them to heal from the mental and behavioral consequences of sexual abuse. And I want to make this space as sustainable as possible to also connect kids with nature and make the feel some responsibility to the environment, for that most of the activities will be with recycled materials.   

I decided on child sexual abuse as it's sensitive topic and not enough attention is given to and it's always so hard to talk about it. Child sexual abuse is so dangerous , because for most of the cases I researched about there will be no physical evidence of the abuse or violence used , since in most of the cases the abuser is someone know to the child and can be a family member and this abuse can go on for years without anyone knowing .Because it's so hard for the kids to talk and open up . A recent international survey of 60 countries placed Malaysia on the 23rd spot for its response to child sexual abuse. Malaysia scored points for having adequate laws against sex crimes such as the Sexual Offences Against Children .Efforts of civil society in raising awareness of sexual exploitation of children was also praised. However, the survey found that conservative approaches and social norms were impeding progress





For the Medium I decided to make a personalized doll from recycled materials , that the kids can design and style however they like. The whole process of making this doll can be considered as a therapeutic way to help the kids heal and express their emotions and have some kind of control feeling that is taken away from them when they are abused.


Comments