FORUM 03
Ideas are made by combining 2 or 3 words, basically. Kindly use this methods for this ideation process. You may sketch with visuals and words.
As we all know that when we go to do our shopping in the supermarket, we need a device (basket, trolley, grocery bag etc.) to put in our stuffs and manoeuvre our way around the aisle. Illustrate and visual what are the common issues that we face and sketch out how we can improve the shopping experience better. You may create a new system or a product for this task. You may add a statement to support your idea(s).
Going for grocery shopping is not my favorite thing to do , due to to some issues that I face . I'll list down few of the issues and a solution for it that I feel will make my experience better :
Issues :
(1) Getting lost inside the supermarket trying to find items on my list, I feel like I waste a lot of time just trying to look for things and mostly the staff working in the supermarket are not so helpful 😭
(2) Since last year and the whole COVID-19 situation , grocery shopping is so scary for me . Thinking how every item has been touched by sooo many people and that the virus is on everything .And the cleaning session I have to do when I reach home to make sure everything is clean is just soo much time consuming .
(3) It's so hard to reach items in high shelves ( especially for short people like me 😂)
(4) The trolley wheels sometimes can be broken or hard to move around and the trolley get so heavy to move when there's a lot of items
solution:
I proposed a design for a trolley , with a screen attached to it so it can help the shopping experience , I'll explain how it works in steps :
1- First the customer will have to scan a QR code to connect to the tablet on the trolley and then add their shopping list , after that the trolley will analyze the list and create a path/ like a map to connect all the items on the list based on their location in the supermarket . This will have to save so much time looking for the items and will show information about products ( prices, offers,..)
2- When you click on start , the trolley will move and no need to push the trolley anymore there's an automatic skating board attached to the trolley with a controlled speed. This will help moving around the supermarket easier and faster.
3- while shopping the trolley's robot hands will help to bring the items from the shelves
4- Before adding the product inside the trolley there's a sanitization spray attached to the trolley , will spray on every product before adding it to make sure everything is safe to take home
5- After getting everything on the shopping list, payment can be done also through the tablet in the trolley , as every product added is automatically scanned and added to the receipt


Comments
Post a Comment